Customer Care Executive
We are looking for an experienced customer service leader to support an exciting growth period for Pesky Fish.
Pesky was set up with a single ambition: to create an economically and ecologically sustainable industry for fish, fishermen and consumers. To deliver it, we are building a global supply chain where any fisherman can sell to any customer with 100% transparency.
Today, Pesky is a digital market for British inshore fishermen - enabling skippers to sell their catch to all buyers in the chain via a fixed price market, prior to the morning auction. By helping these buyers source catch directly from the boats, we are not only redefining their experiences of fresh fish, but enabling fishermen to achieve higher, stable and more sustainable values for their catches.
We are a team of 25 (and growing!); we work with an expanding fleet of boats landing their catch to us across Devon and Northumberland; and we sell to a customer base of hundreds of restaurants/wholesalers and thousands of home consumers.
We are looking for an experienced customer service leader to support an exciting growth period for Pesky Fish. As our Customer Care Executive, you will have the opportunity to help develop the Pesky voice and build the foundation of an industry changing platform.
How you will add huge value to our team and our customers
- Being the ‘voice’ of Pesky, leading day to day operations of the customer care service function
- Managing, reporting on, and owning the overall performance of key performance indicators
- Solving complex customer issues and spotting trends which are communicated back to the business
- Continuous improvement of the service processes, policies, and self-service helpdesk
- Capture customer insights and feedback to help the Product team make strategic decisions to improve our offering
What we’ll be looking for
- Passionate about people & delivering a first-class customer experience
- A confident communicator who enjoys bringing fun and personality to conversations
- Empathetic, who is firm but fair in their interactions
- Well-organised with attention to detail
- Naturally curious and always looking for ways to do things better
- Knowledge of Zendesk is advantageous
- Experience in a fast-paced environment (e-commerce experience is a plus!)
- Highly adaptable- you thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable, and dynamic work environment
A few more details
- Salary of £24k, pro-rata for part time.
- Ability to work from home, but with regular travel to our ports and head office.
- 25% off all purchases at Pesky Fish
- The opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic start-up with a young and passionate team