Data Entry Clerk
We are seeking a data clerk, who will assist us in ensuring our landings data is perfectly captured and entered to our sales channels.
Pesky was set up with a single ambition: to create an economically and ecologically sustainable industry for fish, fishermen and consumers. To deliver it, we are building a global supply chain where any fisherman can sell to any customer with 100% transparency.
Today, Pesky is a digital market for British inshore fishermen - enabling skippers to sell their catch to all buyers in the chain via a fixed price market, prior to the morning auction. By helping these buyers source catch directly from the boats, we are not only redefining their experiences of fresh fish, but enabling fishermen to achieve higher, stable and more sustainable values for their catches.
Following the Covid crisis, our network of both boats and buyers has increased dramatically. As a result, we are heavily investing in our brilliant team as we expand our network to ports and buyers across the country.
How you will add huge value to our team and our customers
What we’ll be looking for
- Reviewing our landings data from our grading team, in spreadsheets format and check it for errors/accuracy
- Entering data into multiple systems, publishing availability to customers when required
- Working closely with our sales managers to establish stock allocation for each customer channel, and allocating pre-orders (wholesale, restaurants, home delivery)
- Providing updates to the wider business throughout the shifts on the progress and remainder of content.
Supporting the Grading and Operations Team
- At points during the shift, be available to help out the grading shift with any required collections/site activity as required.
- Helping out with cleaning and other tasks as required.
Personality and Experience
- Great attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Experience working with Excel, and ideally other web-based systems with data entry.
- Be flexible, a fast learner and very hands-on. Pesky is a fast-growing start-up with a small enthusiastic team, so you will often find yourself jumping on board with other tasks, and responding to new and unforeseen challenges or areas of opportunity.
- Computer literate and adept at learning new systems
A few more details
- Shifts of 7pm to Midnight, Sunday-Thursday (finish times are subject to change, depending on landed volumes).
- Hourly rate of £10.00/h.
- 24 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays) per year.
- Based in our site in Galmpton (Dartside Quay)
- Chance to work as part of a fast paced, super dynamic start-up with a young and passionate team
- Discounted access to the best quality fish!