Head of Wholesale
We’re looking for a phenomenal commercial leader to build and develop the best buying experiences for seafood wholesalers.
Pesky was set up with a single ambition: to create an economically and ecologically sustainable industry for fish, fishermen and consumers. To deliver it, we are building a global supply chain where any fisherman can sell to any customer with 100% transparency.
Today, Pesky is a digital market for British inshore fishermen - enabling skippers to sell their catch to all buyers in the chain via a fixed price market, prior to the morning auction. By helping these buyers source catch directly from the boats, we are not only redefining their experiences of fresh fish, but enabling fishermen to achieve higher, stable and more sustainable values for their catches.
Following the Covid crisis, our network of both boats and buyers has increased dramatically. As a result, we are heavily investing in our brilliant team and technology to expand our network to ports and buyers across the country.
How you will add huge value to our team and our customers
- Aligning with the company’s goals - you will be responsible for the development and delivery of our wholesale channel and its daily trade.
- This will involve building relationships and managing daily order processes across our wholesale network - from port-based buyers through to inland wholesalers, fishmongers and retailers.
- In addition, a core enabler to scaling will be to provide our customers with brilliant buying experiences via our digital trading platforms. You’ll therefore work alongside our tech team to advise on how we can evolve and enhance these experiences.
- You will report directly to the CEO and sit on the management team.
- You will advise and inform company strategy as we expand across ports and develop our technology to support a greater network of buyers - domestically and internationally.
- While you will not have a team to manage immediately, you will be supported by Pesky’s operations, supply, marketing and tech teams. However, this role comes with the opportunity to grow into head of commercial within 12 months.
What we’ll be looking for
- Strong commercial capability - While years of experience isn’t vital, we are looking for someone with incredible capability to manage commercial relationships and justify the decisions of today against the company’s long term objectives.
- Relationships built on trust - Our industry is full of fantastic personalities where trust and reliability is of absolute importance. You’ll be able to demonstrate both of these elements to create sustainable relationships built on exceeding your customers’ expectations.
- Autonomy - While you will be given every support you need, we’re looking for someone confident and capable to take responsibility for developing this channel.
- Passionate - Given the scale of the challenge in this role, having an innate passion for the consequences of your job will be incredibly important and a huge driver of customer growth.